Sunday, November 13, 2011

Books 5-7

This was really good! But I have some annoyances and questions. The gods keep guiding people and telling fates, but at other times it is stated that they have no control over humans. So do they have control on humans or not? And gods in this are so human-like that they reproduce, fall in love, etc. with humans!? That's pretty weird. . . But probably the most annoying, simple thing, is how rosy-fingered Dawn keeps appearing, every morning. So only dawn gets to take the form of a goddess? That's so unfair and annoying! Why can't their be ashy-fingered night, or orangey-fingered evening, or dandeliony-fingered evening! Plus, why does it have to be the fingers? It seems like it would be rosy-cheeked, or something along the lines of that! Also, what is a nymph? I've recollected (or what ever the word is) that a nymph is some sort of inferior, evil god or goddess, but that's just an inference - what really is a nymph? From all what I know, it's just some sort of bug here on earth, but what is it in Greek /Roman mythology? One last thought - what's going to happen for the last hundred or so pages if Ulysses is so close to getting home already? No spoilers, Josie and Ethan! (I don't think I used any periods - just exclamation points, question marks and multiple periods in a row. . . gosh, my fingers are numb!)

4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking the same thing about the rest of the book. Ulysses will probably get lost or something dramatic will happen to him. I liked the phrase "rosy-fingered dawn" the first few times, but it does get annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "rosy-fingered dawn" part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess gods have multiple faceted personalities! That is a interesting observation.
    That's a good question about "rosy fingered Dawn".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn needs to take a break. If she has such rosy fingers, she might have hypodermia...

    ReplyDelete