Saturday, January 14, 2012

TCITR 7-12 (chapters)

  • If I was just kicked out of school, I would just go home. I'm not scared of my parents THAT much, and it's the most comfortable option I have. I would be fed, and I wouldn't really have too much worry on where to go next.
  • Jane is important to Holden because she's really the only person outside of his family who isn't too much of a "phony" to him. He doesn't quite know his feelings about her and how important she is to him, or at least in what he says, but he wants to call just about every second he's away from her. And he could NOT get his mind off of Stradlater, a Holden-certified "moron", being with Jane in the coach's Buick. She's almost in the running for being as important to Holden as Allie was.
  • I don't think people are always ruining things for me, and I can't think of a time someone has ruined something for me off the top of my head. However, I think it's very true for Holden - he gets the most amount of crap thrown at him, and once he finally settles somewhere, people ruin that for him. He's had Pencey ruined for him, Bernice and Marty and the other one ruined his experience at the Lavender Room or Club or whatever, and Lillian ruined his time at Ernie's. The streak even continues after this reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment