Sunday, October 30, 2011

Odyssey Book I Review

I found it very interesting for this first book. A creative story, and I can see already why it's stayed up as a great story for so long. It was still very confusing. Is this Roman or Greek mythology? I know they're the same, just with different names, but my guess would have to be Greek. Also, how did Telemachus just somehow know that Minerva, even in disguise, was god-like? Did he have exposure to gods in a human disguise from knowing some of Ulysses's friends? If anything, that would have to be my guess. My last question would have to be what are all of those god characters they keep referencing? They keep referencing characters with no explanation whatsoever. So I think if I knew more about Greek mythology, I would be able to understand this story a lot better. That's all I have to say about the first book of The Odyssey.

3 comments:

  1. Your questions may have already been answered but if you look at the character page posted on the main blog, your confusion will be gone. As to your first one it is Greek mythology because, for example, Telemachus is a Greek name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I lied. I'm actually still confused. Not sure if it's Roman or Greek mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was really confused about the beginning as well when it came to Roman or Greek mythology. Ah well, it's still an interesting read, I think.

    ReplyDelete